Vibrant Coffeehouse & Kitchen review

Coffee is one of my favorite drinks. Most people indulge in coffee after the sun rises for breakfast or simply drink it to give themselves energy, but I love it so much I will drink it at any time of the day. During my Thanksgiving break I went back home to Des Moines, Iowa and while I was there, I had the opportunity to try a new coffee place in the East Village called Vibrant Coffeehouse & Kitchen.  

Me & my friends catching a quick pic for memories.
Vibrant Coffeehouse & Kitchen is a restaurant that serves coffee, breakfast foods, salads, energy drinks and fresh baked goods. The things that I tried while I was there were the peppermint mocha iced latte and the rise & grind sandwich with a side of fruit.  


My meal 10 seconds before I devoured it. It was delicious.
Though it was pricey, it was worth it because it was pretty good, and I enjoyed the vibe of the restaurant. Peppermint is one of my favorite coffee flavors which is why I love the wintertime because it is rare to see someone serve peppermint flavored coffee, even creamer during the warm months.

I enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant a lot because it was very comfy and calm. It reminds me of Starbucks and other coffee shops because it's an environment where you can sit down and do work on your computer or have some sort of business meeting.  
Items that are sold for sell at the entrance of the coffee shop. 


One thing different about this coffee shop though is that it did not just serve coffee and food, but it also sells clothes, perfumes, hats, and numerous other things. I did not purchase anything other than food, but my friends bought their roll-on perfume named cashmere and it smelled amazing.

“Peace, love and coffee” is what one of the signs in the shop said and I feel like that is a phrase I live by. I'm simply a girl that always wants peace, is a loving person, and loves coffee.

Overall, I would rate my experience a 9 out of 10. I enjoyed Vibrant Coffeehouse and being in the presence of my friends that I haven't seen in a while due to college. Sipping on coffee and telling jokes to each other gave me nostalgia because we did that almost every day in high school. Hopefully we will be able to return to the restaurant or try other ones in Des Moines. I am always down to adding another place to my list to spend money on coffee at.  

 

Comments

  1. I love that you love coffee and share such a strong bond with all of your friends. I need to go out and look at Coffee shops the ones that I might have not had a chance to look at. I love that you look also at Coffee quotes as well at coffee shops I feel like people might not ever look at take a deeper meaning on why that quote is there. Just from the look at that coffee shop I might give it a 8 out of 10 just from the way you described what is going on in this coffee shop. I am a big coffee drinker and need to find ways to interact with that community more and more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Homework or relax?

Black Girl Tug of War