Sweater weather does it better

Why fall and winter are the best times of the year. 

If you were to ask most people what their favorite season is many would answer summer. Most of the reasoning behind their answers are because it is hot outside and for students, it is summer break. But, I think Fall and Winter are the best seasons because they consist of the best holidays, the environment of the seasons is cozy and fun, and it is a time of year with comfortable clothing.  

Many celebrations or holidays are in the last four months of the year, including Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Although depending on your religion it will determine if you celebrate these holidays or not, these months are not excluded to American or Christian holidays. Many other cultures and religions have celebrations during this time of the year also.


 


A Picture I took of a bright Christmas tree in Downtown Cedar Rapids, 2023


With holidays come family and friend gatherings. All these gatherings produce many things people enjoy such as gifts, foods, and many treats. Although consuming too much food is not great, these holidays are excuses to eat a lot of food and sweets, and who doesn’t love sweets?  


Since it becomes chillier outside, you are indoors more often spending time with your family members and friends. Everyone's main goal during the fall and winter months is to keep ourselves warm. Some fun activities I do that keep me warm inside the house are baking, making hot chocolate and binge-watching movies or tv shows with my family.  




My favorite scenery in fall is the trees.

Yes, we want to stay indoors and be warm but there are also many fun activities that take place outside. Attending haunted houses, ice skating,
and pumpkin patches, just to name a few. Each of these activities are other ways we get to spend time with others and have new experiences and memories which is always fun.
 

When it is hot outside, I feel like a popsicle that has melted because I feel sticky due to all of my clothes becoming glued to my body from producing sweat. Summer clothing is cute, but it is not comfortable nor convenient. Winter and fall give you the opportunity to be comfortable and cute.  


During the fall and winter, I would somewhat compare the selection of clothing to a school uniform. The clothes are not hard to pick from nor pair together because there are limited options like sweatpants, sweatshirts, and jeans. Since these clothing items cover more of your body many people including me can be more comfortable in their skin during chillier months because clothing is looser, and you aren't forced to show skin like in the summer months.  



 Jim Carrey as The Grinch and Taylor Momsen as Cindy Lou Who
 in my favorite holiday film, How the Grinch Stole Christmas 

Wearing fuzzy Ugg boots while I hold my hot Starbucks drink and step on crisp leaves brings peace to my mind and makes me happy. I'd much rather be comfortable inside my house indulging in warm foods and drinks and watching Christmas or Halloween movies during the Fall and Winter than disintegrating when I step outside in 90-degree weather.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homework or relax?

Black Girl Tug of War

Vibrant Coffeehouse & Kitchen review